Data and System Migration when changing systems
Data is vital and critical in the running of your business. It is important that you seek assistance from experienced experts who are able to help you plan and implement system changes.
Businesses often need data and system migration when:
- They are upsizing their systems to cater for their growth,
- To cater for corporate restructures such as mergers, acquisitions and take overs,
- Simplifying and streamlining systems and processes
- Replacing obsolete systems and technology
Why use Alliance Accounting with my Data Migration and System Migration?
Data migration is a very involved process. The improper migration of data could result in data loss or worse still inaccuracies in your data due to data corruption. Our IT experts are qualified and suitable for data and system migration due to their:
- Understanding of data structures in an IT environment,
- The ability to format and clean data before it enters the new system without the loss of important data,
- Understanding of data storage technologies,
- Expertise, experience and knowledge with databases and software languages to be able to efficiently migrate and transfer data.
How can the data migration experts at Alliance Accounting help our business?
Our experts deal day to day with systems, data and migration. We are suitably experienced to assist your business with the smooth and efficient transfer to the new system. We will work with you to plan how to best transfer systems with minimal impact to the functioning of your business.
The skills of our experts go beyond the knowledge of data and systems but include qualifications such as software programming, software development, integration and automation, therefore, your business is not limited to off the shelf products but has the potential to have systems customised to suit your needs. We have been able to implement minor software changes in our clients businesses that have saved their staff hours a week in unproductive time.
What items can we migrate?
Our experts utilise their data programming skills to recode and import any data into your new system. In our experience, we have been able to migrate the majority of data between systems. In effect, our clients were able to start using the new system as if there was no change in systems. Our clients have been able to start with the new software with the following items already imported:
- Inventory including quantities, stock on hand and values
- Clients and customer lists including all client details
- Supplier lists
- Payroll and employee records
- Prior period transactions and balances
- Chart of Accounts
- Payment terms and payment methods
- Price levels
- Customised templates
Our objective is to ensure that you have a smooth transition between systems. The migration of the above information could save your business hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars. Past clients have been able to use the new system without the need to even re-enter their client or inventory information.
Furthermore, a successful data migration will mean that you may not have to maintain an active licence of your old system as the majority of information will be in your new system.
What systems has Alliance Accounting had experience with?
Alliance Accounting has worked with systems on a day to day basis, however, some of the most popular systems we have dealt with include:
- Reckon Accounts – Quickbooks
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Project Management
How do I start?
The first step is to call us on 1300 135 918 to discuss your requirements to ensure we can help you.
Following this, we will organise a meeting with our most suitable qualified experts to further discuss your requirements. Following the meeting, we will issue you with a proposal on how we may help you.
All it takes is one phone call to ensure a reliable and smooth migration and transfer to your new system.